Repair & Restoration Process
We use a careful process to restore a piece to your exact specifications.
1. Your piece is carefully labeled and disassembled to ensure proper reassembly.
2. Old finish is stripped off by hand. No water, lye, or any caustic material is ever used!
3. Damages are corrected and missing/broken pieces are carefully reproduced. Every effort is made to use the original grain and type of wood. We can even touch up marble tops and other materials with cracks to make them look like new.
4. Hand sanding is done to prepare the wood for staining.
5. Custom color consultation with client. We hand blend stains and finishes to match all your decorating needs. If needed, we will accommodate multiple consultations to be sure you are pleased with your results.
6. Custom stain and sealers are applied. More sanding is done to remove fine particles. Finish coats are applied.
7. Hardware is cleaned and/or replaced. Each piece is completely reassembled. Everything is checked for smooth operation and a final finish coat is applied.
Belcastro - Where Miracles Happen!
We Serve: Lexington MA, Carlisle MA, Bedford MA, Concord MA, Waltham MA, Newton MA, Weston MA, Wellesley MA, Acton MA, Boston MA, Billerica MA, Chelmsford MA, Tewksbury MA, Wilmington MA, Burlington MA, Arlington MA, Cambridge MA, Belmont MA, Medford MA, Melrose MA, Winchester MA, Stoneham MA, Reading MA, Andover MA, North Andover MA, Westford MA, Woburn MA, Wakefield MA, Watertown MA, and Somerville MA.